Based solely on your feedback, I have “overhauled” the form book and dramatically expanded the content – a Table of Contents is attached below for your review. There are approximately 40+ Alabama-specific forms designed for the residential rental property manager or self-managing owner. I have also had these forms “peer-reviewed” by my counterpart at Legal Services Alabama. … because who better to review my forms than the tenant lawyer who will be challenging them in the future? We are currently filling the pre-orders and are taking orders for new books which will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Pricing information, as well as format options, is available by contacting (256) 562-1999. Also: if you ordered a book in the last six months, please contact the office at (256) 562 – 1999 for your complimentary upgrade.
UPDATED AUGUST 1, 2012
The formation of the relationship: The template forms in this section contemplate structuring the formation of a residential landlord/tenant relationship. Please keep in mind that an accurate and diligent screening process will eliminate the majority of your “problem tenants” but that the same process must be followed for every tenant that applies to avoid Fair Housing Act implications.
2)Resident Selection Criteria (Model Policy)
3)Offer to Lease
4)Notice of Adverse Action under F.C.R.A
5) Residential Lease Agreement
6) Bed Bug Addendum – Single Family
7) Bed Bug Addendum – Multi-Family
8) Pet Lease/ Pet Disclosure Addendum
9) Renter’s Insurance Addendum
10) Mold Addendum
11) Pool/Trampoline Addendum
12) Move-In/Move-Out Inspection (Walk-Through Checklist)
13) Guarantor/Cosigner Form
Forms needed during the landlord-tenant relationship: The template forms in this section are designed to assist with the day-to-day mechanics of a residential landlord and tenant relationship.
14) Notice of Intent to Enter Dwelling Unit for Inspection
15) Partial Rent Refusal Notice
16) Notification of New Management
17) Lease Break Agreement/Mutual Release
18) One-Time Rent Abatement/Mutual Release
19) Waiver of Late Fees
20) Rental Increase Reminder
21) Winterization Checklist
22) Notice of Strict Compliance w/ Lease Agreement
23) Security Deposit Accounting Letter
24) Rental Access Addendum for Showing Property
25) Notice of Default re: Utility Service
26) Repair Work Order Template
27) Incident Report Template
28) Warning Letter re: Failure to Maintain Leased Premises
29) Home-Based Business Agreement & Waiver
30) Confirmation of Vacating Premises & Surrender of Keys
Forms to terminate the landlord-tenant relationship: The template forms in this section contemplate terminating a rental agreement. Please note that if you have a problem tenant that is otherwise current on their rent and not on a month-to-month rental agreement, you will need to contact competent legal counsel to draft your notice to terminate the rental agreement. Notices in those situations can be tricky and require specific tailoring to each situation.
31) Notice to Terminate a Month-to-Month Tenancy w. Instructions
32) Notice of Failure to Pay Rent w. Instructions.
33) Notice of Abandonment w. Instructions.
34) Other Types of Rental Defaults
35) Notice of Intent Not to Renew Lease Agreement
Property Management Forms: Forms in this section are designed for the internal day-to-day functioning of a property management company.
36) Property Management Agreement
37) Eviction Hold-Off Letter
38) Model Polices on Transitioning a Property.
39) Owner Repair Refusal Letter
40) Letter to Terminate Management Agreement
41) Manufactured Home Lease (Ground Lease).
42) Statutory Letter re: Worthless Checks
43) Sample Ledger
Various format options are available. We also sell each form individually. To order, or for pricing information, please contact:
Ph: (256) 562 – 1999
F: (256) 562-1997